If the Firstbeat Sports: Coach or Firstbeat Sports: Athlete app on your mobile device does not find your Firstbeat Sports Sensor check these steps:
Checking the sensor
If the battery is in good condition, there are no visible damages in the sensor and sensor LEDs are flashing the Sensor is most probably working as expected.
- Press the Sensor pins and observe if the Sensor LED starts flashing. If the LED is flashing, the Sensor is powered on.
- Open the battery case and remove the battery for 10 seconds to reset the Sensor. When the back cover is open inspect the Sensor for any damage or water leaks. Put back the battery and place the cover and test the connection.
Check when the last time the Sensor's battery was changed and replace the battery if needed. (See: Firstbeat Sports Sensor and strap maintenance & battery replacement for more information)
Check that sensor is not paired with any device
The Sensor being paired (connected) to any device is the most common reason for Sports Sensor not being visible in other devices or in the Coach or Athlete app. To use the Sensor, you do not need to pair it via the mobile device's Bluetooth menu (not even with the device you use with the Sensors).
Go to the device's Bluetooth settings and observe if the device is listed on the Bluetooth devices. Check the Sensor serial number from the back of the device to match the right Sensor.
- If you see the sensor on the list, do not pair/connect the device with the Sensor. If you see the Sensor it's not paired with any device and should be visible in the Athlete or Coach app.
- If the device is paired to your device, remove the pairing. Do the same check with all mobile devices in range that have Bluetooth connectivity.
- Close all applications on the nearby mobile devices that might be connected to the Sensor. Some applications might use the Bluetooth connection to the Sensor. If unsure, turn Bluetooth off from all devices within the range of the Sensor.
- Check that the sensor is not connected to any Sports watch. Using the Sensor with a Sports watch keeps the Sensor in connected (paired) mode. Stop any activities in the Sports watch. Power off Sports watches if unsure.
- Restart your mobile device in case there are problems with the device's Bluetooth functionality.
As a last resort, move at least 200m away from any mobile device, restart the sensor and check again if you can see the Sensor in the mobile device Bluetooth menu or in the Coach/Athlete app. This way any unknown devices possibly "stealing" the Bluetooth connection are out of range.
If none of the above helps and your device still cannot find the Sensor it might be malfunctioning. Check the following for how to proceed: The service process for Sports equipment.
If you need any further assistance with this, you can contact Firstbeat Support.