We have identified three reason why the Sports software might not find the Firstbeat Team Receiver:
- Receiver drivers are not installed or they are outdated
- Receiver firmware update has failed
- Sports is running in compatibility mode
- Another Firstbeat software is running at the same time and using the receiver
Check these steps before starting the troubleshooting.
- Shut down the other Firstbeat software
- Plug the receiver to another USB port
- Restart Sports software
- Restart the computer
If these steps dot not help, you can proceed to to troubleshooting below.
1. Receiver drivers are not installed or they are outdated
This occurs usually when the Sports software has just been installed and the device drivers are not installed during the software installation process, or there was a problem during the receiver driver installation, or it was not finished properly.
Start by installing the driver from the Sports software installation folder. That directory for the folder is the following: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firstbeat\Firstbeat SPORTS\Drivers. Double-click the file named "Firstbeat_Team_Receiver_USB_Drivers.exe" and run the installation. After the installation has finished, test the connection with Firstbeat Sports software.
If installing the driver did not help, you can try to update it from the Windows Device Manager.
- Plug in the receiver and open Windows Device Manager
- Search the receiver from the list and click the device with the secondary mouse button.
- From the opening dialog select "Update driver"
- Next select the lower option, "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Click "Browse" and find this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firstbeat Team Receiver USB drivers
- Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the update.
After the update has been finished, test the connection with Sports software.
Note! In some cases the Firstbeat Team receivers driver folder is by the name "USBRTX4 with USBRTX3 Driver".
2. Receiver firmware update has failed
With the Sports software version 4.7 there is a firmware update for the Team Receiver RTX4 model. Sports will notify of the update when starting the Training Monitor. Updating the receiver will only take a few minutes. Make sure you follow the update instructions carefully.
If there are problem with the firmware update and the receiver does not work after the update, you can run the update again. Follow these steps:
- Close the Sports software
- Open the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firstbeat\Firstbeat SPORTS\Firstbeat RTX 4 Firmware updater
- Double-click the file named "Firstbeat RTX 4 Firmware updater.exe"
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
After the update is finished, test the connection with Sports software.
3. Sports is running in compatibility mode
Some Windows compatibility modes seem to cause the Team Receivers not to be detected by the Sports software. So far we have noticed that in Windows 10 running the Sports software in Windows 8 compatibility mode causes the receiver not to be found.
There is no need for running the Sports software in a compatibility mode, so to solve this issue, the mode needs to be set off. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Shut down Firstbeat Sports software.
- Click the Sports desktop icon with the secondary mouse button to open a selection dialog.
- Select Properties
- Open Compatibility tab.
- Remove the selection from Run this software in compatibility mode for:
- Save the settings to close the dialog.
Finally start the Sports software and the training monitor to check if the receiver is now found.
If you need any further assistance with this, you can contact Firstbeat Support.
Please note that Firstbeat Sports v.4.7.x (a PC software) is a discontinued software and the support for this software ends in December 2022. If you have any questions about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.