- Properly wear and moisten the HR strap to get good data quality. Good data quality is essential for training analysis done by the Firstbeat Sports algorithms.
- Data records whenever the Sensor is being worn. E.g., if you wear the HR Strap and Firstbeat Sports Sensor while traveling to/from the training facility data is recorded at this time, too. To avoid extra data before and at the end of a measurement, put on the Sensor only when starting a session and remove it when the session is finished.
- Avoid leaving the Sensor attached to the HR Strap when the session is complete. Although artifact data is removed programmatically, in some cases this might cause extra artifact data to your measurement.
1. Dampen the skin under the area the Sensor will be placed.
2. Attach the textile strap around your chest and adjust until securely in place.
3. Attach the Sensor to the strap.
- The Sensor will automatically start recording R-R intervals once properly attached to the body using the textile strap and when heart rate signal is detected.
- LED flashes at 5 seconds intervals when the Sensor is recording.
- Use the Firstbeat Sports Live app to follow live training load metrics during recording. Find guidance on how to here. Note! Firstbeat Sports Sensor is only compatible with the Sports Live app.
- Take off the strap and detach the Sensor from the strap. The Sensor will stop recording automatically when it doesn’t detect any R-R signal.
- Removing the Sensor from the strap improves battery life and ensures R-R interval recording ends appropriately.
The Sensor remains in standby mode for 30 minutes to allow for a smooth data download process. After 30 minutes, the Sensor moves to sleep mode to reduce draining the battery. It is also possible to download data in sleep mode but there may be minor delays in Sensors being recognized.
- Rinse the strap under running water and hang it to dry.