Follow these instructions to attach the electrodes correctly and ensures a successful measurement.
- First, attach electrodes to both ends of the Bodyguard 2 device.
- Remove the protective back covers of the electrodes.
- Attach one electrode to the device's larger end to the right side of the body under the collarbone and the other electrode to the cable end to the left side of the body on the rib cage.
- Make sure that the electrodes hold and the contact to skin is secure.
To improve the contact, it might be necessary to shave chest hair from the contact area. The electrodes can be left on the skin during shower as long as the device is removed but we wouldn’t recommend this. If the electrodes come loose during the shower or after attaching the device to them, you need to replace the electrodes with new ones.
The correct place to attach the device can be seen in the picture below:
Also check the video about how to use the Bodyguard 2 device.
ELECTRODES AND SKIN IRRITATION
Avoiding skin irritation from electrodes
For most users, once they attach the electrode measurement device, they quickly forget it is there as they carry on with their usual routine. On rare occasions, the ECG electrode measurements may cause some skin discomfort.
To avoid any irritations during the measurement, please follow these steps:
- Clean the electrode placement spots (below right clavicle and left rib cage) before attaching electrodes.
- Apply a thin layer of non-greasy basic body lotion to the spots where you are going to attach the electrodes later.
- Wait for the lotion to dry (allow at least 10 min) to avoid electrode contact problems.
- Repeat this process each time you attach new electrodes.
- When removing and replacing electrodes, dampening the skin with a few drops of water helps avoid mechanical stress as does slightly changing the new electrode placement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.